In order to develop the PCBWriter into a device that is easy for others to use and copy, we organized a hackathon at Dingfabrik, Cologne in December 2013.
During the hackathon, we worked on the following projects:
- Improved documentation.
- A problem with timing jitter between different polygon mirror rotations was investigated more closely.
- A number of different polygon mirror assemblies from laser printers were analyzed. We learned about the existence of a PLL-type motor driver that looks to be more suitable for our project.
- A Windows port of the host software was started. During that, we found and investigated a strange USB bug.
- We started making plans for a PCBWriter kit that can be produced on a laser cutter.
The results will hopefully find their way into the official repository shortly...